In the world of Social Media, the ideal is to integrate your identity as much as possible.
(Quick Caveat: Don’t worry, this process will not allow LinkedIn users to view anything relating to your Facebook profile)
If we can leverage applications to connect as many platforms and processes as possible, we’re moving in the right direction toward maximum leverage of our online social networking time. The process I explain below will put your public LinkedIn profile onto Facebook, allow any and all of your Facebook friends to view your LinkedIn information. Why is this useful? It’s a great way to share your professional identity with more casual friends without turning your Facebook page into an ad for your work history. As you update your professional information via LinkedIn, it will automatically appear in the more personal Facebook universe.
So how do we do it? It should take all of 2 minutes with the “My LinkedIn Profile” application for Facebook:
- First of all, login to your Facebook account.
- Next, go to http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=6394109615, the home of the application and click on “Go to Application” over on the left
- Choose to allow the application to access your Facebook profile.
- Then enter your LinkedIn public profile URL (you can find this when you log into LinkedIn and click on “Profile” in the top menu).
- Finally, choose to add the LinkedIn tab to your Facebook profile, and you’re all set- simple and painless.
Simplify your profile management, and better manage your professional and private identities today with this simple Facebook app.
(One big note: you can also connect your company information instead of your personal profile page).